Explore Mandorpampa is the perfect alternative to get to know the history behind the discovery of the Machu Picchu citadel by the explorer Hiram Bingham in 1911. With its 4 km of length, Mandorpampa is considered the last place where Hiram Bingham arrived before its discovery of Machu Picchu. Also, due to the great variety of Flora and Fauna, this area is known as “Machu Picchu’s Secret Garden”.
CUSCO - MANDOR
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5:30am and go by train to Machu Picchu. The trip will take about 4 hours. We will then arrive in Aguas Calientes, the closest town to Machu Picchu, where we will leave our bags in a hostel. At noon, we will have lunch and rest before starting our trek to Mandopampa. We will walk about an hour to the site and take in the flora and fauna on the way. We will also visit the Machu Picchu museum where your guide will explain the latest archeological discoveries in this magical city. On the way, we will stop to take in the Mandor Valley. We will then return to Aguas Calientes where we will spend the night.
After an early breakfast, we will head to Machu Picchu. We will first arrive to the entrance point where we will have a panoramic view of the city. Then, we will register and have a 2-3 hour guided tour. Afterwards, you will have time to explore the city on your own and hike Huaynapicchu. We will also visit the sungate before taking the bus to Aguas Calientes where we will then take the train back to Cusco.
- English-speaking tour guide (additional tour guide for groups of 8 people or more)
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your Mandorpampa Tour
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Ollantaytambo and Train from ollanta to Machupichu pueblo.
- 01 breakfasts, 2 lunches, and 01 dinners
- Emergency oxygen bottle and medical kit
- Vistadome train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- One-night hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes (double room)
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Roundtrip bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Day 1 Breakfast
- Day 2 Lunch in Aguas Calientes, after you tour Machu Picchu on your own
- Gratuity for the crew (guide, chef, porters, about 10 people total)
What to bring:
- Original passport (if you have acquired a new one after you made your booking, bring both)
- Down or synthetic feather sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Clothes (trekking boots, warm fleece jacket, tops, a few t-shirts, socks, sun hat, thermal underwear, light long pants, gloves, poncho, rain jacket)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, wet wipes, personal towel)
- Sunblock (35+ SPF)
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
- Insect repellent